Kickstart your career, and stay ahead!
The Future Africa Internship Program
The Future Africa Internship program will allow young Africans with less than two years of work experience to intern for a minimum period of three months in their prospective area of expertise.
The program will provide stipends to encourage the interns to perform their roles to the host organisation. FAIP is our response to a critical need of young Africans – career path decision.
Once accepted, prospective interns will undergo a capacity building program on workplace and FAIP values: this equips them with the right mindset to deliver value for their host organisation. Successful beneficiaries will be matched according to proximity and career alignment with available host organisations. We see three possible pathways after the internships;
- Intern get retained at the host organisation.
- Intern secure a job in another organisation with lessons and networks built through an internship.
- Intern get a better understanding of the industry and decide to become an entrepreneur or change career focus.
The program will also create a protocol for the deliberate development of a particular skill set within a sector.
About the Program
The Future Africa Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an excellent opportunity to gain industry experience, test-drive their careers, and be exposed to the great stuff from giants in their industries. It also allows you to gain new perspectives, innovative ideas while you improve your skills in a diverse environment amongst the next generation of future leaders.
Beyond the learning opportunities, as an intern, you will get to work with some of the industry’s best people and are exposed to real-life projects, challenges, and company initiatives. In addition to developing technical skills and experience, the internship program will allow interns to develop interpersonal skills by networking with other interns.
The Future of work is about the focus on the individual rather than tasks and locations. The Future Africa Internship program will breed a new tribe of Africans who are intentionally equipped and guided through their passion: they will easily navigate the competitive global career terrain because they will have the unique opportunity of standing on the shoulder of industry giants.
The program runs from March-August, with a 2-weeks training & a further 3-months Internship period.
We value diversity and inclusion in our programs. So, we promote equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to apply. We aim to attract the world’s best talents and give all interns a great experience to build & shape their careers.
- Applications for the FAIP are open during specific periods and would be advertised.
- Applications for phase one of the FAIP opens March 21st 2021 and runs till August 2021.
- All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period.
- Applicants are required to provide a letter of recommendation from their course advisor, head lecturer or professor.
- Selection of matching is based on vacancies, performance during FAIP Training, availability for a minimum period of 3 months, with a maximum period of 5 months.
- Internships are open to everyone who are below 27 years of age.
- Applicants with more than (2) years of work experience should not apply.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work in a team.
- Have completed at least the second year of a university program.
- Multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification.